Source: Economic Events December 2, 2019 – Admiral Markets’ Forex Calendar
While the last week of trading primarily saw subdued volatility in the DAX30 CFD, this will likely change as we start this trading week.
Technically, the German index continues to trade sideways between 13,100 and 13,300 points. Due to its proximity to the 13,300 region, it is generally more likely to get to see a break on the upside, with a first potential target being seen around 13,370 / 13,400 points.
Get our Weekly Commitment of Traders Report: - See where the biggest traders (Hedge Funds and Commercial Hedgers) are positioned in the futures markets on a weekly basis.
Get Our Free Metatrader 4 Indicators - Put Our Free MetaTrader 4 Custom Indicators on your charts when you join our Weekly Newsletter
A break higher could be initiated by the upcoming US ISM manufacturing figures, which are due at 3 pm GMT. A better-than-expected dataset could initially dampen recession concerns for the world’s largest economy. A lower-than-expected data set could, on the other hand, fuel speculation that a more dovish approach by the Fed at the policy meeting on December 11 would be more likely.
Or to put it another way: the DAX could be off to a win-win in the start of the week.
On the flip side, however, there is also the danger of a renewed escalation in the US-Chinese trade conflict, after US President Trump signed a Legislation Bill on developments in Hong Kong during the night from last Wednesday to Thursday.
The resulting support for Hong Kong and clear US position against China could spark a response from the Chinese that China could for the time being fail the current Phase 1 trade talks and put the DAX under pressure.
This would then put the region around 13,100 into focus and below the area around 13,040 / 050 points at the center of the action.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between November 12, 2019, to November 29, 2019). Accessed: November 29, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT – Please note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, or future performance.
Source: Admiral Markets MT5 with MT5-SE Add-on DAX30 CFD Daily chart (between August 23, 2018, to November 29, 2019). Accessed: November 29, 2019, at 10:00pm GMT
In 2014, the value of the DAX30 CFD increased by 2.65%, in 2015, it increased by 9.56%, in 2016, it increased by 6.87%, in 2017, it increased by 12.51%, in 2018, it fell by 18.26%, meaning that after five years, it was up by 10.5%.
Discover the world’s #1 multi-asset platform
Admiral Markets offers professional traders the ability to trade with a custom, upgraded version of MetaTrader 5, allowing you to experience trading at a significantly higher, more rewarding level. Experience benefits such as the addition of the Market Heat Map, so you can compare various currency pairs to see which ones might be lucrative investments, access real-time trading data, and so much more. Click the banner below to start your FREE download of MT5 Supreme Edition!
Disclaimer: The given data provides additional information regarding all analysis, estimates, prognosis, forecasts or other similar assessments or information (hereinafter “Analysis”) published on the website of Admiral Markets. Before making any investment decisions please pay close attention to the following:
- This is a marketing communication. The analysis is published for informative purposes only and are in no way to be construed as investment advice or recommendation. It has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and that it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research.
- Any investment decision is made by each client alone whereas Admiral Markets shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from any such decision, whether or not based on the Analysis.
- Each of the Analysis is prepared by an independent analyst (Jens Klatt, Professional Trader and Analyst, hereinafter “Author”) based on the Author’s personal estimations.
- To ensure that the interests of the clients would be protected and objectivity of the Analysis would not be damaged Admiral Markets has established relevant internal procedures for prevention and management of conflicts of interest.
- Whilst every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that all sources of the Analysis are reliable and that all information is presented, as much as possible, in an understandable, timely, precise and complete manner, Admiral Markets does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained within the Analysis. The presented figures refer that refer to any past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The contents of the Analysis should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets that the client shall profit from the strategies therein or that losses in connection therewith may or shall be limited.
- Any kind of previous or modeled performance of financial instruments indicated within the Publication should not be construed as an express or implied promise, guarantee or implication by Admiral Markets for any future performance. The value of the financial instrument may both increase and decrease and the preservation of the asset value is not guaranteed.
- The projections included in the Analysis may be subject to additional fees, taxes or other charges, depending on the subject of the Publication. The price list applicable to the services provided by Admiral Markets is publicly available from the website of Admiral Markets.
Leveraged products (including contracts for difference) are speculative in nature and may result in losses or profit. Before you start trading, you should make sure that you understand all the risks.