The euro fell as low as 1.2357 against the US dollar in overnight trading, as fears that Spain will soon require a bailout package continue to drive the common-currency lower. Crude oil continued its downward trend as well, reaching $87.25 a barrel last night.
Main News for Today
US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change-12:15 GMT
• Considered an accurate predictor of tomorrow’s Non-Farm Payrolls Claim
• Analysts are forecasting the figure to come in at 145K, slightly above last month’s
• Any better than expected news could help the USD move up against JPY
US Prelim GDP-12:30 GMT
• Analysts are predicting the figure to come in at 1.9%, which would represent a decrease from last month
• If the figure comes in as predicted, investors may continue shifting their funds to the safe-haven JPY as a result
Irish Stability Treaty Vote- All day
• Ireland is voting on whether to ratify a new EU fiscal treaty
• Analysts expect that Ireland will vote in favor of the treaty, but if it does not, the euro could see heavy losses as a result
© 2006 by FxYard Ltd
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading.