The Energy Report
Source: Streetwise Reports 02/21/2019
The key reasons to consider investing in this company, which is producing oil and gas in central Alberta, are presented in a Haywood research report.
In a Feb. 11 research note, analyst Christopher Jones reported that Haywood initiated coverage on Altura Energy Inc. (ATU:TSX.V) with a Buy rating and a CA$0.70 per share price target. This implies a projected return of 63%, as the stock’s current share price is CA$0.46.
“Altura is a company that warrants closer attention,” Jones noted. “We recommend accumulating shares at current levels.”
Get our Weekly Commitment of Traders Report: - See where the biggest traders (Hedge Funds and Commercial Hedgers) are positioned in the futures markets on a weekly basis.
Get Our Free Metatrader 4 Indicators - Put Our Free MetaTrader 4 Custom Indicators on your charts when you join our Weekly Newsletter
Jones listed and described the investment drivers behind this company, which has “largely flown under the radar” since 2015 and is currently trading below its peers. The list includes Altura’s:
1. Performing people. Altura’s management and board members are “top tier” and “not your typical junior C suite,” Jones described. David Burghardt, the president and CEO, ran Vermillion France for two years. Founding board members include Darren Gee, president and CEO of Peyto Exploration; Brian Lavergne, president and CEO of Storm Resources; and John McAleer, managing director of Palisade Capital. “A strong C suite is an intangible that could have a high impact on share price performance over time as this unique team gains traction with the market,” the analyst wrote.
2. Growth potential. The company’s growth is forecast at 70% debt-adjusted per share and “ranks strongly relative to peers,” Jones commented. Altura reached production of 2,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2018, and with 160 tier 1 future drilling locations, it has “above average growth visibility over the long term.”
3. Focus on returns. Management intends “to position the company for multiple years of profitable production and reserve growth” by employing new technology to exploit pools with significant original oil in place and a low recovery profile, Jones relayed. The team aims to grow organically and through acquisition to maximize shareholder returns.
4. Positioning for rising prices. Altura generates “cash flow netbacks that rival that of light oil producers” by effecting cost efficiencies, Jones indicated. At year-end, they were $29 per barrel of oil equivalent. With these strong netbacks, supported by low operating expenses and above average leverage, the company is “well positioned to capitalize on improving oil prices by directing incremental cash flow to further growth opportunities,” he added.
5. Multiple expansion potential. Altura looks attractive based on a handful of key metrics. As such, said Jones, “we expect the market to award the stock with a higher multiple as the company earns an audience with further operational execution.”
Catalysts to watch for, noted Jones, are Altura’s reserve update expected this month, in which Haywood expects to see “material reserve additions and net asset value growth.”
Jones concluded, “Altura provides investors with a rare blend of management quality, a solid growth asset, above average operational and financial metrics, and access to capital.
1) Doresa Banning compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. She or members of her household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. She or members of her household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article until three business days after the publication of the interview or article. The foregoing prohibition does not apply to articles that in substance only restate previously published company releases.
Disclosures from Haywood Securities, Altura Energy Inc., February 11, 2019
Analyst Certification: I, Christopher Jones, hereby certify that the views expressed in this report (which includes the rating assigned to the issuers shares as well as the analytical substance and tone of the report) accurately reflect my/our personal views about the subject securities and the issuer. No part of my/our compensation was, is, or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific recommendations.
Other material conflict of interest of the research analyst of which the research analyst or Haywood Securities Inc. knows or has reason to know at the time of publication or at the time of public appearance: n/a. Research policy available here.
( Companies Mentioned: ATU:TSX.V,