By CountingPips.com – Get our weekly COT Reports by Email
Here is this week’s links (below) and short summaries to the latest Commitment of Traders changes that were released on Friday.
- Currency Speculators continue boosting US Dollar bets higher
- WTI Crude Oil Speculators slightly reduced bullish net positions this week
- 10-Year Note Speculators trimmed their bearish bets from record high
- Bitcoin Speculator bearish net positions virtually unchanged this week
- Gold Speculators sharply drop their bullish bets again this week
- S&P500 Mini Speculators lowered their bullish bets for 3rd week
- VIX Speculators pushed bearish bets higher for a 5th straight week
- Eurodollar Speculators decreased bearish bets for 5th week
- Silver Speculators cut back again on their bullish bets this week
- Copper Speculators reduced their positions to lowest since Oct. 2016
US Dollar net speculator positions leveled at $22.02 billion as of Tuesday
The latest data for the weekly Commitment of Traders (COT) report, released by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on Friday, showed that large traders and currency speculators continued to boost their bets in favor of the US dollar this week while sharply cutting back on euro and British pound bets. See full article
Get our Weekly Commitment of Traders Report: - See where the biggest traders (Hedge Funds and Commercial Hedgers) are positioned in the futures markets on a weekly basis.
Get Our Free Metatrader 4 Indicators - Put Our Free MetaTrader 4 Custom Indicators on your charts when you join our Weekly Newsletter
The non-commercial contracts of WTI crude futures totaled a net position of 608,927 contracts, according to data from this week. This was a slide of -4,473 contracts from the previous weekly total. See full article
The large speculator contracts of gold futures totaled a net position of 12,688 contracts. This was a weekly decline of -22,649 contracts from the previous week. See full article
The large speculator contracts of 10-year treasury note futures totaled a net position of -586,299 contracts. This was a weekly increase of 3,829 contracts from the previous week. See full article
Large stock market speculators cut back on their bullish net positions in the S&P500 Mini futures markets for a third consecutive week. See full article
The non-commercial contracts of silver futures totaled a net position of 4,341 contracts, according to data from this week. This was a weekly fall of -1,523 contracts from the previous totals. See full article
The large speculator contracts of copper futures totaled a net position of 2,190 contracts. This was a weekly shortfall of -6,034 contracts from the data of the previous week. See full article
The Commitment of Traders report data is published in raw form every Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and shows the futures positions of market participants as of the previous Tuesday (data is reported 3 days behind).
To learn more about this data please visit the CFTC website at http://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/CommitmentsofTraders/index.htm