Here is a short summary and this week’s links (below) to the latest Commitment of Traders changes.
- This week’s COT results showed that Speculators just slightly raised their bullish bets of the US dollar last week after two weeks of declining bets. USD bets remain in tight range of between $13.01 billion (low) and $18.47 (high).
- WTI Crude speculators sharply boosted bullish bets for the second week and over the +400,000 contract level for a second straight week.
- The 10-year note speculators added to their bearish bets for the first time in six weeks. Speculators had previously pushed bearish bets to a record high short position on February 28th
- Gold speculators sharply increased their bullish bets higher for a 4th week while Silver bets gained again for a third week and to a new record high bullish position.
- Copper saw speculative bets continue lower for the 9th out of the last 10 weeks.
- S&P500 speculators reduced their bullish bets in S&P500 futures for a second week.
US Dollar net speculator positions leveled at $15.04 billion last week
The latest data for the weekly Commitment of Traders (COT) report, released by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) on Friday, showed that large traders and currency speculators slightly added to their bullish bets for the US dollar last week following two weekly declines. See full article
Get our Weekly Commitment of Traders Report: - See where the biggest traders (Hedge Funds and Commercial Hedgers) are positioned in the futures markets on a weekly basis.
Get Our Free Metatrader 4 Indicators - Put Our Free MetaTrader 4 Custom Indicators on your charts when you join our Weekly Newsletter
The non-commercial contracts of WTI crude futures totaled a net position of 437043 contracts, according to data from last week. This was a change of 28661 contracts from the previous weekly total. See full article
The large speculator contracts of gold futures advanced to a total net position of 172666 contracts. This was a weekly change of 17230 contracts from the previous week. See full article
The large speculator contracts of 10-year treasury note futures totaled a net position of -64529 contracts. This was a weekly change of -8763 contracts from the previous week. See full article
The large speculator contracts of S&P 500 futures totaled a net position of 4567 contracts. This was a change of -2815 contracts from the reported data of the previous week. See full article
The non-commercial contracts of silver futures totaled a net position of 105515 contracts, according to data from last week. This was a weekly change of 4133 contracts from the previous totals. See full article
The large speculator contracts of copper futures totaled a net position of 25845 contracts. This was a weekly change of -1023 contracts from the data of the previous week. See full article
Article by CountingPips.com
The Commitment of Traders report data is published in raw form every Friday by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and shows the futures positions of market participants as of the previous Tuesday (data is reported 3 days behind).
To learn more about this data please visit the CFTC website at http://www.cftc.gov/